May 28 , 2021
The health and hygiene needs of ourselves and our families are crucial, now more than ever. Having said that, you know the significant role hand sanitizers play in maintaining germ-free hands.
A list of FAQs on sanitizers to help you know more.
- When to use a hand sanitizer?
Hand sanitizers are the next best thing when there is no soap and water available. It is a very convenient option when you are out and about and need to clean your hands.
- How to properly use a sanitizer?
Follow these 3 steps:
- Take an adequate amount of hand rub sanitizer in your palm. It must be enough to completely cover the surfaces of your hands.
- Make sure you rub through and through in between your fingers, the back of your hands and your fingernails for at least 30 seconds.
- Rub your hands till they are dry.
- What are the ingredients in a hand sanitizer?
Sanitizers typically comprise of alcohol or a disinfectant like benzalkonium chloride solution, water as a part of the hydrogel, and emollients, polyacrylate, base, fragrances, colours, etc.
- How do sanitizers work against germs?
Sanitizers work against bacteria as well as viruses.
They work by disrupting the outer membrane of viruses with coatings and rupturing the cell membrane of bacteria.
- How much alcohol should a sanitizer have in it?
It is recommended that alcohol based sanitizers contain 60% to 95% alcohol, like ethyl alcohol or isopropyl alcohol, to be effective.
- Are alcohol based sanitizers flammable?
Yes, since alcohol in the sanitizer is flammable, it is advisable to keep them away from flames and fire, as it can be a safety hazard.
- Can I make sanitizer at home?
It is not recommended to make hand sanitizers at home as they can be hazardous or ineffective. Only manufacturing units with the necessary approvals are allowed to produce sanitizing and disinfecting products.
- Do all sanitizers contain alcohol? What do alcohol free hand sanitizers contain? Are they better?
Not all sanitizers contain alcohol. Those devoid of alcohol are known as alcohol-free sanitizers.
These sanitizers contain ingredients like benzalkonium chloride (BAC) which is just as as effective against 99.9% germs as other alcohol based ones.
Tiffy and Toffee’s alcohol free moisturizing hand sanitizers have an FDA approved formula and also contain moisturizers that leave your skin soft and supple for long after use. They are available in Tulsi and Lemon variants and are safe for all to use.
You can trust Tiffy and Toffee moisturizing sanitizers as your germ protection companions!